[DRBD-user] DRBD and OCFS2

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Feb 26 10:06:38 CET 2007

/ 2007-02-25 23:54:48 -0500
\ Gerry Reno:
> Is it possible yet to reliably use OCFS2 atop DRBD?

it depends what "reliably" actually means :)
there are a few tunables you have to get right...

> What versions would be needed, DRBD 8.0.xxx?

if you want to have it mounted on both servers, yes.

> and OCFS2 1.2.xxxx?

there is a patch pending to fix the broken way ocfs2
did its "heartbeat to storage".
don't know which ocfs version this might be in.

> Are multi-node clusters (4-nodes) as primary/primary type possible
> with this?

drbd is still two nodes only.

if you want to have many nodes, you can do an iSCSI storage cluster
with drbd, and do the ocfs2 on as many iSCSI clients you want.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :