[DRBD-user] Should this actually work? OCFS2 on top of DRBD 8.0.0

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 07:39:02 CET 2007

Has anyone actually setup an ocfs2 cluster using primary/primary?

What I am running into, and not just ocfs2 but in regards to
primary/primary is that it doesnt work.

I was under the assumption that I could have server1 and server each
with a /dev/sda2 being setup as /dev/drbd0 on both machines.

Then using iSCSI target software export /dev/drbd0

Now I have cluster1 and cluster2 machines connecting to server1 and
server2 respectively.

I thought I could make an ocfs2 FS on cluster1 and then mount it on
both machines.

Is this not possible? Using primary/secondary and having both cluster1
and cluster2 connect via iscsi to ONLY server1 works fine, data gets
replicated to server2.I can then switch server2 to primary and conenct
cluster1 and cluster2 to it and there is my data.

But now if one node is connected to one server, if i create a file on
node1 it doesnt show up on node2.

What could be going on here?

Oh and server1 and server2 are conected via a flip cable using a
192.168.0.10 and 192.168.0.20. the nodes connected on a second
interface.

The iscsi stuff all seems to work, but its just that primary/primary
doesnt seem to work like I think it should.

Thanks for any information

Brandon