[DRBD-user] drbd 0.7.23 -> 8.0?

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Feb 9 11:21:19 CET 2007

/ 2007-02-08 11:17:29 +0100
\ Leroy van Logchem:
> Hi Philipp,
>
> Congratulations on the 8.0 release! Drbd is a great addition to Linux, thanks
> allot and good luck with the effort of going mainline.
>
> Would going from 0.7.23 to 8.0 on a 24x7 production cluster be feasible?

I personally don't want you to blame us if anything goes wrong.
so please: do your own regression tests before converting on the
production system.

but we at linbit now gradually proceed to upgrade the directly
maintained by linbit clusters for our customers.

> The previous version has proved to be very stable but we can use any
> performance improvements

again, do your own benchmarks,
if you actually gain performance
from drbd 8 for your workload.

if you have a 24x7 production cluster,
you should have a very good
reason to change _anything_ at all.
 you know about Murphy and stuff...

> but I don't know if the upgrade is possible.

upgrade is possible, but involves a cluster downtime.
you need to replace the module and userland tools,
and convert the meta data.

> Does heartbeat 1.2.4 work with 8.x?

yes.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :