[DRBD-user] reproduceable problem - read-only filesystem

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Feb 7 21:44:19 CET 2007

/ 2007-02-07 14:16:59 -0500
\ Dan Gahlinger:
> I can reproduce this problem at will.
>
> Brand new systems, 64bit intel processor (D - dual core)
> 1 gig of ram, SATA 160GB drive.
>
> partitions setup.
> 1 partition of 32 GB for drbd testing.
>
> Using SUSE 10.2 professional with DRBD built-in module,

and that would be which kernel and drbd version/revision exactly?
(sorry, no 10.2 handy right now)

> enable the drbd using simple config of /etc/drbd.conf
> start drbd service.
> mount the drbd device.
> untar a 175MB file (with multiple subdirectories).
>
> almost immediately crashes, shows "read-only file system"
>
> Nothing fixes this.
> I have to rebuild the partition and do everything from scratch.
>
> Trying to fsck the raw device after turning off drbd, the file system is
> badly corrupted.
>
> This is not good. what can I do to fix this?

and if you do this without drbd,
it does behave fine, presumably?

what is in kernel log before "read-only file system" ?
any oopes, BUG()s, stacktraces or drbd related messages?

what file system?

does it happen
  without drbd ?
  with drbd StandAlone?
  with drbd Connected?

and, finnaly, but most important:

 **
 **	did you run memtest?
 **

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :