[DRBD-user] Synchronisation optimisation with multiple Ethernet interface.

Julien WICQUART j.wicquart at newtech.fr
Mon Feb 5 17:40:11 CET 2007

Hi,

i'am working on a debian system (stable, kernel 2.6.18) with drbd 0.7.10-4.

I've got 4 drbd partitions on 4 SCSI disks (15000rpm):
- 1 for NFS/Apache
- 1 for Postgresql data
- 1 for Postgresql WAL
- 1 for Postgresql index

I've got 3 x 1 GB Ethernet controllers on these servers.

Can I use one Ethernet controller for all drbd syncs ?

Or is it useful to split drbd syncs on 2 Ethernet controllers ?
(for example, sync drbd0 and drbd1 on eth1 and sync drbd2 and drbd3 on eth2).

Thanks for your answers.

Julien WICQUART				NEWTECH MULTIMEDIA
Responsable Exploitation		3 ch du Pigeonnier de la Cépière
Tel: +33 5 61 43 14 80			31081 TOULOUSE
Gsm: +33 6 88 17 16 30			http://www.newtech.fr/
Fax: +33 5 61 43 20 11
j.wicquart at newtech.fr