[DRBD-user] How to Simulate Disk I/O errors or hardware failures?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Dec 20 16:04:33 CET 2007

Greg Haase schrieb:
> I am doing more failover testing today, and I've been asked "What happens
> when disk failure occurs?"
>
> I thought this was a very good question, and so it's something that I
> would really like to test. But how can we simulate Disk I/O errors?

fault injection? It can give some interesting results.

For a very fast introduction ("make it work in five lines"), see here:

http://blog.wpkg.org/2007/11/08/using-fault-injection/

NOTE: don't do this for important data, as this can potentially inject
something you might not want...

--
Tomasz Chmielewski