[DRBD-user] DRBD serious locking due to TOE - RESULT

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Mon Dec 17 14:37:28 CET 2007

On Monday 17 December 2007 13:16:10 Ben Clewett wrote:
> Thanks Mark.
>
> My NIC is a removable PCI card, which unfortunately does not have any
> jumpers or other user-configurable components.  I believe this option is
> only available to the DELL version of the card or server?

From my experience with Dell hardware, the TOE key is only for the on-board
cards (which here at least use the bnx2 driver).

I haven't noticed any difference in performance between the PowerEdge 1950
clusters I have where I've removed the keys on one cluster, but not another.
(Although I confess I've never seen anything to make me go looking or running
tests).

In fact, the only issues I've seen (I/O stalling every 30 secs or so) was
resolved by upgrading from 8.0.3 to 8.0.6.

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer