[DRBD-user] dopd failover / undo outdate

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Sun Dec 9 08:54:48 CET 2007

Rois,

On Friday 07 December 2007 18:31:27 Rois Cannon wrote:
> OK . . . Back tracking a little here. Still would like to know where I
> can get some dopd doc’s but apparently “drbdadm outdate all” doesn’t
> work unless the dopd nodes are disconnected. I tried disconnecting and
> it worked.

It doesn't make sense to outdate a Connected DRBD. Outdate should only occur
while Disconnected, otherwise there wouldn't be any reason to outdate (I hope
you're not confusing "outdate" and "invalidate"; they're two fundamentally
distinct things). In fact, if a connection is re-established, any Outdated
device will immediately become SyncTarget with all blocks modified while
disconnected being resynced. So Outdated is always a short-lived state that
goes away when a connection is re-established.

> Upon closer inspection of the dopd syslog error it appears that it’s
> looking for drbdadm in /sbin and my distro has it in /usr/sbin. I tried
> copying and ln -s drbdadm, drbdsetup and drbdmeta to /sbin but neither
> option works and now the log shows
> unknown exit code from /sbin/drbdadm outdate all: 126
> instead of
> unknown exit code from /sbin/drbdadm outdate all: 127
>
> Any clues to where the path problem is?
> Thanx

OK. The fact that dopd looks for a hardcoded /sbin/drbd{adm,meta,setup}
instead of examining $PATH seems odd to me too; I'll file a bug for this to
have it reviewed.

But, symlinking from /usr/sbin should work. Have you done

for binary in /sbin/drbdsetup /sbin/drbdmeta; do
  chgrp haclient $binary
  chmod o-x $binary
  chmod u+s $binary
done

like drbdadm asks you to when you configure DRBD to use drbd-peer-outdater?

Cheers,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas