[DRBD-user] drbd resource fencing - 2nd try with more information

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Wed Dec 5 08:28:41 CET 2007

Good morning Lars

thank you for your reply.

> this is comming from the heartbeat messaging layer.  something in there
> is broken, or you somehow got a broken build, or, most likely, the
> versions of the "drbd-outdate-peer" and the "dopd" are not matching.
>
>> What does this mean (bad magic number)?
>
> something in your heartbeat communication channels and the way the
> "dopd" works with them is screwed up.
>
> as long as I cannot reproduce this, I cannot help you.
>
> is there anything "special" about your architechtures and distributions?

No.

I use the latest heartbeat from the opensuse build service by Andrew
Beekhof. The Version is 2.1.12-24.

You can get it here:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/ha-clustering/Debian_Etch/i386/

Kernel 2.6.18-4-686 is the standard Debian etch kernel. The system is up
to date. Last "apt-get upgrade" was done yesterday morning.

DRBD 8.0.7 is compiled from source using these commands:
cd /usr/src/linux
make mrproper
make oldconfig
make include/linux/version.h
make modules_prepare
cd /usr/src/drbd-8.0.7
make clean all KDIR=/usr/src/linux
make tools
make doc
make install

Another thing I tried yesterday is to pull the source used for the
opensuse build service build and "diff" the dopd and drbd-peer-outdater
source files with the ones from drbd 8.0.7. They were in fact different.
So I tried to replace them but I could not get heartbeat to build with
that source files. I dont have the exact error message at hand but it
said something about wrong number of parameters in a heartbeat function
call.

Maybe you can give me some advice on how to build heartbeat with the
matching dopd and drbd-peer-outdater files from the drbd source code?

Regards
Dominik