[DRBD-user] WFBitMapT and WFBitMapS

Lavender, Ben ben.lavender at mcdean-europe.com
Tue Aug 28 11:19:16 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I've got a sort-of working DRBD setup.  If everything is when I reboot,
then the disks come up without a problem.  If I have an issue, though,
such as a misconfigured firewall on one machine but not the other, or
anything else that disrupts communication, I end up with this:

[ben at frontend1 etc]$ cat /proc/drbd

version: 8.0.5 (api:86/proto:86)

SVN Revision: 3011 build by ben at frontend2.scholar, 2007-08-24 11:35:47

 0: cs:WFBitMapT st:Secondary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r---

    ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0

        resync: used:0/31 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0

        act_log: used:0/907 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0

[ben at frontend2 sysconfig]$ cat /proc/drbd

version: 8.0.5 (api:86/proto:86)

SVN Revision: 3011 build by ben at frontend2.scholar, 2007-08-24 11:35:47

 0: cs:WFBitMapS st:Secondary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r---

    ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:10 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0

        resync: used:0/31 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0

        act_log: used:0/907 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0

No amount of fiddling with the module (which stays busy and can't be
removed) or anything else seems to fix the problem.  I simply have to
reboot both machines, and at the same time-if I bring one up and it
finds the other in this state, it immediately re-enters this locked
state.   It doesn't seem to happen once things are running, and it even
recovers from a true failure correctly in my heartbeat testing, but if
it hits this state it's just screwed.  It's happened to me a couple of
times because I'm changing lots of configurations, but it's still pretty
worrisome.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem without taking down a machine?

System info:

Dell 2950 with Perc 5i

RHEL5

Linux backend2.scholar 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5 #1 SMP Mon Jun 25 17:06:07 EDT
2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

DRBD 8.0.5

Thanks,

Ben Lavender