[DRBD-user] Re: Hostname issue

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Aug 27 07:32:13 CEST 2007

On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 01:48:22PM +0800, Zou Sheng wrote:
> Can somebody kindly help me?  i'll be really appreciate.
>
> 2007/8/25, Zou Sheng <drizztzou at gmail.com>:
> > Hi,guys
> >
> > When i was configuring drbd.conf yesterday, i used "uname -n" in both
> > machine, and hostnames are "hosta.1" and "hostb.2", here is the
> > question:
> > should i use "hosta.1" and "hostb.2" as hostname in drbd.conf ? or use
> > "hosta" and "hostb"?

you could have simply tried,
and posted back with what you found out.
better yet, you could have read the drbd.conf man page,
which states

  on <host-name>
	Carries the necessary configuration parameters for a DRBD device
	of the enclosing resource.  <host-name> is mandatory and must
	match the  linux  hostname  (uname -n) of one of the nodes.

 :)

I'd personally avoid partially quallified "hostnames".
either have them fully qualified, or use node names only.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :