[DRBD-user] lvm2, striping, and drbd

kbyrd-drbd kbyrd-drbd at memcpy.com
Mon Aug 27 03:00:16 CEST 2007

I haven't used drbd yet, I'm getting ready to test and deploy it.
I've searched the archives I've seen various posts about md and
lvm2 and I know some of this has been covered. But, I'm confused
about the current state of things with 0.8

I'd like something that feels like clustered RAID1+0 (that's
striping on top of drbd). My ideal plan: lvm2 striping on top of
four drbd pairs active/active pairs. I'd run GFS on top of this.
Do I need cLVM instead of LVM2 for this. Does LVM striping even
work with drbd?