[DRBD-user] Drbd mysql

Morgan Tocker morgan at mysql.com
Thu Aug 23 12:52:25 CEST 2007

Hi Oliver,

> Mysql supports Two-Way replication and you can use both nodes
> (obeying a
> number of requirements). I do so for over 3 years now and it works
> fine...

Do you mind if I clarify those requirements?

The two-way replication (Master<->Master) replication is
asynchronous, so you need to try and prevent updating the same row on
both nodes simultaneously (which could cause a conflict).

For inserts this is less an issue because of auto_increment_increment
and auto_increment_offset
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-auto-increment.html

Regards,
Morgan

--
Morgan Tocker, Support Engineer
MySQL AB, Montreal, Canada, www.mysql.com

Discover new MySQL Monitoring & Advisory features at:
http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/whats_new.html