[DRBD-user] DRBD recipe - DRBD/LVM

Steven drbd at savetimehosting.com
Thu Aug 23 01:43:44 CEST 2007

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a site with some recipe for DRBD like you
have for LVM, anyone has one to share ?

Also, I was wondering what combination on DRBD/LVM would give the
maximum flexibility in terms of managing disk space. LVM provides a nice
way to manage partitions and devices (especially when using Xen) so
having DRBD on top of LVM you loose it so obviously having LVM on top of
DRBD seems naturally better.

If you plan a file server in Raid 10 for performance and using
DRBD/Heartbeat for HA, then I guess that you leave the job of adding
physical disks to the raid controller and then use LVM over DRBD since
as I understand the drbdadm resize resource command should automatically
see the new size of the array, am I correct ?

Regards,

--
Virtual Space International Inc.
Steven Dugway USA 206-734-HOST Canada 514-939-HOST (4678) ext 5