[DRBD-user] Split Brain drbd + heartbeat

maolivar klica_sk8 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 6 09:30:45 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to test heartbeat with drbd in a cluster.
My network is :

      _____________ SW _____________
     |		Heartbeat link                      |
     |				                          |
     |eth0			                        |eth0
  ___|___			                ___|___
|	     |		                           |             |
| SRV 1 |                                      | SRV 2 |
|_______|    	                              |_______|

First time, I only used one ethernet card on each server. When I
disconnected network cables from node 1, I noticed that node 2 became
active. But when I restored network connections for node 1, it failed to be
backup "split brain".

my ha.cf

debugfile /var/log/ha-debug
logfile /var/log/ha-log
logfacility     local0
keepalive 200ms
deadtime 2
warntime 5
initdead 120
udpport 694
bcast   eth0            # Linux
auto_failback on
node   easypbx-main
node   easypbx-backup
ping 192.168.1.1
respawn hacluster /usr/lib/heartbeat/ipfail

Does anybody knows how can i resolve this issue?

Regards

Miguel OLIVARES
Thanks