[DRBD-user] drbd split brain

Abraham olivares Varela abraham_ov at yahoo.com.mx
Mon Aug 6 14:57:39 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to test heartbeat with drbd in a cluster.
My network is :

      _____________ SW _____________
     |        Heartbeat link                          |
     |                                                      |
     |eth0                                                | eth0
  ___|___                                         ___|___
|             |                                       |            |
| SRV 1  |                                       | SRV 2 |
|_______ |                                      |_______|

First time, I only used one ethernet card on each server.

Everythings work ok i have been tested all the possible options of failure, but
when I disconnected network cables from node 1, I noticed that node 2 became active. But when I restored network connections for node 1, it failed to be backup "split brain".

resource drbd0 {
protocol C;
handlers {
pri-on-incon-degr "echo 'DRBD: primary requested but inconsi! |wall; /etc/init.d/heartbeat stop"; # "halt -f";
pri-lost-after-sb "echo 'DRBD: primary requested but lost! |wall; /etc/init.d/heartbeat stop"; #"halt -f";
local-io-error "echo o > /proc/sysrq-trigger ; halt -f";
  }
 startup {
     degr-wfc-timeout 120;    # 2 minutes.
 }
disk {
on-io-error   detach;
     }
net {
     cram-hmac-alg "sha1";
     shared-secret "secret";
  }
syncer {
    rate 10M;
    al-extents 257;
  }
on main {
    device     /dev/drbd0;
    disk       /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-home;
    address    192.168.1.66:7788;
    flexible-meta-disk  internal;

  }
  on backup {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-home;
    address   192.168.1.65:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
}

after a slit brain situation i got like this

#cat /proc/drbd

main:
0: cs:StandAlone st:Primary/Unknown ld:Consistent
    ns:8 nr:0 dw:380 dr:50 al:1 bm:49 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
backup:
 0: cs:StandAlone st:Secondary/Unknown ld:Inconsistent
    ns:0 nr:8 dw:16 dr:17 al:1 bm:293 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
Does anybody knows how can i resolve this issue  in order to to synchronize the data and to reestablish the service?

Because  after  handlers i wrote:
 pri-on-incon-degr "echo 'DRBD: primary requested but inconsi! |wall; /etc/init.d/heartbeat stop"; # "halt -f";
 pri-lost-after-sb "echo 'DRBD: primary requested but lost! |wall; /etc/init.d/heartbeat stop"; #"halt -f";
 local-io-error "echo o > /proc/sysrq-trigger ; halt -f";

but it doesn't works

regards
thanks

Abraham OLIVARES

¡Sé un mejor fotógrafo!
Perfecciona tu técnica y encuentra las mejores fotos.