[DRBD-user] Kernel Dump / Invalid Null Pointer drbd 0.7.23 together with vServer

Oliver Welter mail at oliwel.de
Mon Apr 23 09:57:54 CEST 2007

Hi Lars

>> Worked fine the last year, now after the update I get kernel oopes when
>> I try to send the device to secondary state - the whole mount operation
>> is executed in the virtual context of the guest - running it on the root
>> host works fine.
>
> then my guess is that either that patch breaks/changes
> something fundamentally, and drbd would need to be adjusted to match
> that change, or you did something stupid and compiled drbd against
> a non-matching kernel, causing the drbd module and your kernel to be
> ABI incompatible, and for some reason the safety net of insmod does
> not catch the ABI incompatibility and loads it anyways.

Hmm, I didnt go to deep into the stuff but the two patches dont seem to
conflict. An ABI incomp is impossible as I am running an non-modular
kernel and patched the kernel tree directly.

Do you have any hints on how to debug ? I tried 0.8. yesterday and that
seems to work...this will harden the migration but if we cant fix it
fast I guess I will upgrade

TIA

Oliver

--
Diese Nachricht wurde digital unterschrieben
oliwel's public key: http://www.oliwel.de/oliwel.crt