[DRBD-user] DRBD 2 groups in drbd.conf

prashant prashant at bluebarracuda.com
Mon Apr 16 11:54:50 CEST 2007

Hi All,

Any one know how to have 2 groups in a single drbd.conf

I am using DRBD  Version: 0.7.23 (api:79)

That is
Group1 - managing resources /dev/drbd0 and mounting it as primary on node1
Group2 -  managing /dev/drbd1and mounting it as primary on node 2

My current drbd.conf with only one group

If this can be done please send me some some hints - if not please tell
me why?

Many thanks

global {
    # we want to be able to use up to 2 drbd devices
    minor-count 2;
    dialog-refresh 1; # 5 seconds
}

resource r0 {
  protocol C;
  incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 2 ;
halt -f";

on drbd1 {
    device     /dev/drbd0;
    disk       /dev/sda2;
    address    192.168.1.69:7788;
    meta-disk  internal;
  }

on drbd2 {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/sda2;
    address   192.168.1.73:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }

  disk {
    on-io-error   detach;
  }

  net {
    max-buffers     2048;
    ko-count 4;
    on-disconnect reconnect;
  }

  syncer {
    rate 10M;
    group 1;
    al-extents 257; # must be a prime number
  }

  startup {
    wfc-timeout  0;
    degr-wfc-timeout 120;    # 2 minutes.