[DRBD-user] Incorrect return from drbdadm state?

Doug Knight dknight at wsi.com
Fri Apr 13 20:18:25 CEST 2007

Can the following be correct?

[root at arc-dknightlx heartbeat]# drbdadm state pgsql
Secondary/Unknown
[root at arc-dknightlx heartbeat]# cat /proc/drbd
version: 8.0.1 (api:86/proto:86)
SVN Revision: 2784 build by root at arc-dknightlx, 2007-04-09 11:30:31
 0: cs:Unconfigured
[root at arc-dknightlx heartbeat]# ps auwwwxx|grep -i drbd
root      3406  0.0  0.0  60236   764 pts/9    R+   14:15   0:00 grep -i
drbd

It would look like with no drbd processes running, the /proc/drbd says
unconfigured as I would expect, however when the drbdadm state is
executed, it says Secondary/Unknown. This is throwing off my heartbeat
OCF script, which is never starting up the drbd processes.

Doug Knight
WSI, Inc.