[DRBD-user] primary/primary setup and smaller meta-data

Ciprian Badescu ciprianbadescu at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 20:11:28 CEST 2007

Hi,

--- Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 01:48:01AM -0700, Ciprian
> Badescu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to use drbd for the first time and I
> have
> > two questions:
> >
> > 1. It is possible to use primary - RW/primary - RO
> > with EXT3FS or other non-cluster FS?
>
> no.
OK. I'll go then for primary/secondary, with nfs
export on primary and mount on secondary.

> > Right now I got "Multiple primaries not allowed by
> > config"(I have not found any configuration
> directive
> > related to this), not even reach the point to
> mount
> > the FS.
>
> for two primaries, you'd need to
> "allow-two-primaries".
> but you need a cluster aware filesystem.
> or you'll get scrambled data or worse sooner or
> later.
ok, Thanks.

> > 2. "Currently DRBD meta-data reserves 128MB". It
> is
> > possible to decrease that. Has anyone done that?
>
> there is "flexible-meta-disk" now.
> "internal" is implicitly always flexible.
> it will only use up as much as needed.
Yes, but anyhow should exist a minimun. Or I can use
drbd on, for example, 50M partition (data+meta-data)?
I need to use it for ~100M, I tried an the beginning
whithout success. I'll try again now and send the
result(things are a little more clear for me now).

Thanks,
Ciprian