[DRBD-user] DRBD Errors

Mark Olliver mpo at thermeoneurope.com
Wed Sep 27 15:18:52 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I stopped my primary device last night and turned it off, then made the
secondary device primary. After which I mounted as normal and started using
it.

This morning I noticed that something went wrong over night and I had lots
of file corruptions. Upon checking the logs I found the message bellow:

Sep 27 01:04:48 ie-openvz1 kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device

Sep 27 01:04:48 ie-openvz1 kernel: drbd0: rw=0, want=2148540848,
limit=533449216

Sep 27 01:04:48 ie-openvz1 kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device

Sep 27 01:04:48 ie-openvz1 kernel: drbd0: rw=0, want=2148540848,
limit=533449216

Sep 27 01:04:48 ie-openvz1 kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device

I presumed this meant the disk was the wrong size but I have checked my
partition tables on both machines and they are exactly the same. For now I
have stopped this drbd device and switched the old primary back on which is
working ok. But does anyone have any ideas as to the problem and how to go
about fixing it?

Regards

Mark

Mark Olliver BSc (Hons)