[DRBD-user] Network Failure

khaja mohideen skm_mail at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 20:56:09 CEST 2006

Hi,

    Me to facing similar problems.  But When  i use " drbdadm connect all"  It reconnects again.

   I have used  "on-disconnect reconnect;"  but still facing this problem.  I am using drbd 0.7.20

  Is there any fix for it.  Or anything to do with configuration.

Regards,
Khaja Mohideen

Mark Olliver <mark at thermeoneurope.com> wrote:          st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }           Hi,

  I have just noticed my drbd cluster has a status of
  version: 0.7.19 (api:78/proto:74)
  SVN Revision: 2212 build by root at cp1.thermeoneurope.com, 2006-05-30 12:57:03
   0: cs:NetworkFailure st:Primary/Secondary ld:Consistent
      ns:384452 nr:4880 dw:137663608 dr:34555860 al:102939 bm:22058 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0

  This was the same on both the primary and secondary (obviously just the other way around). As I still have live people working on the primary I tried taking down the secondary and restarting it. This seamed ok now the secondary though is in the following state:
  [root at ie-openvz1 ~]# cat /proc/drbd
  version: 0.7.19 (api:78/proto:74)
  SVN Revision: 2212 build by root at cp-bk.thermeoneurope.com, 2006-05-30 15:22:21
   0: cs:WFConnection st:Secondary/Unknown ld:Consistent
      ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0

  Still not seeing the primary. I can ping between the two ok, there are no firewall rules blocking them and have been working fine until now. I do not really want to take the primary down as there are users live on it.

  The two machines are separated one is in Dublin the other in London connected over the internet via vpn.
  Any ideas on how to get these two to talk again gratefully received.

  Thanks

  Mark

  Mark Olliver BSc (Hons)
  Thermeon Europe Ltd