[DRBD-user] drbd with heartbeat doesnt sync both ways

Christophe Zwecker doc at zwecker.de
Fri Sep 15 14:12:23 CEST 2006

Hi,

we use heartbeat and drbd on two nodes

node1 is primary with mounted fs
node2 is secondary

nod1 goes down (only network failure), heartbeat unmounts the drbd fs on
node1. node 2 takes over and mounts the drbd volume. I change things on
the fs on node2

node1 comes backup, mounts drbd volume and the change aint  there because:

Sep 15 13:47:03 mw-test-n2 kernel: drbd0: Current Primary shall become
sync TARGET! Aborting to prevent data corruption.
Sep 15 13:47:03 mw-test-n2 kernel: drbd0: drbd0_receiver [22293]: cstate
WFReportParams --> StandAlone

HOW do I address this issue ?

thx for hints !

Christophe Zwecker                     mail: doc at zwecker.de
Hamburg, Germany                        fon: +49 179 3994867
http://www.zwecker.de

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away"