[DRBD-user] Latest DRBD 0.7 Debian packages for sarge, including binary kernel modules

Frank Schubert f.schubert at espresto.com
Wed Sep 13 09:08:16 CEST 2006

Cyril Bouthors schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> For those like me who need latest 0.7 DRBD to run on sarge servers,
> I've made my packages publicly available on my website, see below.
>
> Those packages avoid the need to recompile drbd packages on sarge or
> worst, to install drbd sid packages and upgrade libc6 accordingly.
>
> This will also easily allow you to have drbd support with the latest
> 2.6 sid kernels under sarge.
>
> I've initially made those packages to allow automagic installation of
> sarge servers with DRBD support with FAI.
>
> In the future, I'll maintain those packages the best I can and keep
> theem up-to-date with the official Debian packages, I'll upload those
> sarge packages at the exact same time I'll upload the official ones.
>
> Does anyone need drbd8 sarge packages? Other kernels support? 2.4?
> Anything else?
>
> Feel free to contact me at cyb at debian.org if needed regardless to
> those packages. Use http://bugs.debian.org/ for the official packages.
>
> Thanks.
>
> PS: Philipp Hug and I are working to get drbd binary kernel packages
> to automatically be compiled in the official Debian distribution like
> alsa. Have a look at 'apt-cache search alsa kernel modules' to see
> what I'm talking about.

Hi Cyril,

thanks a lot for your packages. Saved me some time ;-)

Currently I'm planing an upgrade of DRBD on kernel 2.4.27 (std.
Debian) from 0.7.10 to 0.7.21.

I decided to stay with 2.4.27 because this one ran very smoothly the
last year.
Last week, after a short network-failure, DRBD hung. Nothing i tried
could bring the system back to normal state than a reboot. After
reading through drbd-0.7 Changelog I decied that its neccessary to
upgrade.

I'll report back when all is done.

Regrads,
Frank