[DRBD-user] DRBD - UUID

Milind Dumbare milind at linsyssoft.com
Fri Sep 8 15:33:13 CEST 2006

Hi all,

	I have read the document drbd8_wpnr.pdf. As far I could understand in
5.3 section you have described UUID values are written as ordered
quadruples <current,bitmap,history1,history2>, so history1 is for Node2
and history2 is for Node3, right?

	Now Step 5 of your table in section 5.3.
After the resync, node1 is connected to node3. The bitmap-UUID gets
cleared when the resync process finishes, i.e. all the marks in the
bitmap are cleared, and now both data sets are in sync.

	Now here, Where this 7 and 5 came from? is 7 history UUID for Node3 and
5 history UUID for Node2?

Similarly in Step 9.

If I have configured Third node as scheduled backup node, will that
backup be incremental? Or each time it will full resync with the primary
node?

--
-Milind
"There is no place like 127.0.0.1"