[DRBD-user] cannot load drbd .8-pre4 module on scientific linux (RHEL 4.3 clone)

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Sep 5 23:09:52 CEST 2006

/ 2006-09-05 13:36:15 -0700
\ Valdas:
> > "Can not load the drbd module"
> >
> > and looking at dmesg shows this:
> >
> > "drbd: Unknown symbol atomic_add_unless"
> >
> > My kernel is 2.6.9-34.0.2.EL
>
> I'm getting the same error on RHEL4, kernel 2.6.9-42.ELsmp, and was
> wondering if somebody solved this problem.

currently we do not much care about old kernels.
use a more recent kernel. yes I know that this is the RHEL 4.x kernel,
still I just now don't care. there probably is a way to reimplement just
that piece of code in some other way e.g. using semaphores,
and we are going to do that sooner or later, we for sure won't lock out
the RHEL people. but just now we are busy fixing much more important
things, so until this is fixed, please use something more recent,
preferably 2.6.16+ ish...