[DRBD-user] Question on how DRBD works.

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Sep 4 16:06:02 CEST 2006

/ 2006-09-04 17:05:50 +0400
\ Alexei Ilin:
> Hi!
>
> The question is:
> If one of my nodes fails, the other mounts drbd device and start
> readding/writting. I want to know whether DRBD replaing fs journal
> before give access to this device,

no.
drbd is a block device.
it does not know anything about file systems
nor file system journals.

the file system (if journalled) will replay
its journal during mount time.
a not-journalled file system would need to fsck.

> i.e. is its behaviour just like node was
> 'power off' and then 'power up' ?

basically, yes.
to the file system it would look
like reboot after unclean shutdown.