[DRBD-user] What situations can trigger inconsistent state?

Igor Yu. Zhbanov bsg at uniyar.ac.ru
Mon Nov 27 12:44:58 CET 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> / 2006-11-25 23:47:59 +0300
> \ Igor Yu. Zhbanov:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I am curious if I use protocol C and initially have drbd in primary/secondary
> > state, what situations can trigger inconsistent state on primary or
> > on secondary? (E.g., network problems during long write or resynchronization.)
> > What should happen to make inconsistency?
>
> 1. after initializing the meta data for the first time,
>    drbd starts in "Inconsistent".
> 2. during resync, SyncTarget is Inconsistent
So, the only way to get inconsistent state on already working system
is to interrupt synchronization after reconnect?

Also, I have a question about EXT3 filesystem. Do I need to call ext3fsck
before each mount in the case of failover cluster with HeartBeat? As I
understand, drbd consistent state doesn't garantee filesystem consistence?
Or ext3 always checked automatically each mount?