[DRBD-user] performance issues, questions

Leroy van Logchem leroy.vanlogchem at wldelft.nl
Tue Nov 21 09:46:44 CET 2006

> The servers are connected to a 1Gbit network and are connected to the same HP
> switch, which is not being utilized for anything else at the moment.

a) Did you try to reduce fragmentation by using "jumbo frames"; ethernet
frames
configured to by 9000 bytes using ifconfig? Validate with tracepath.
b) By-pass the switch using cross-cables (type cat6 or higher)?
c) You might want to try elevator=deadline to improve your setup

Currently we're looking into channel bonding to achieve poormens 2Gbit/s,
so we can handle raid10 sustained writes above 100MB/s.

Please keep us updated