[DRBD-user] DRBD and Solaris 10

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Tue Nov 7 15:57:38 CET 2006

Vampire D wrote:
> Anyone know of a good solution for Solaris that is simular and as
> powerful as DRBD and Heartbeat?

Symantec/Veritas has a commercial product similar to drbd that is
available for Solaris. I'm still waiting on the lawyers to finish to I
can do my eval, so I have no useful info beyond that. I'll be doing a
head-to-head of their cluster/block replication solution against
drbd/heartbeat, and I should be allowed to publish my results (unless
said lawyers decide not to let me...)

You can also use heartbeat on Solaris with a SAN, but I don't know if
that works for you or not.

--
Carson