[DRBD-user] strange performance problems with drbd

Musard, Kris Kris.Musard at spirentcom.com
Mon May 22 22:10:28 CEST 2006

Torsten,

You mentioned that you are using bonding for the drbd interfaces.  Which
mode?  There is an issue with performance degradation due to packet
re-ordering when using the round robin mode.  I was trying to bond 4 GB
ports.  I found that I got better performance with 2 individual links so
I just setup 2 active-backup bonds instead and spread my drbd devices
across them.   The CPU utilization was also very high when using the
round-robin bonding mode.