AW: [DRBD-user] Re: strange performance problems with drbd

torsten.neumann at dlh.de torsten.neumann at dlh.de
Mon May 8 09:56:26 CEST 2006

Hello, I try to find that out.

When I do dd on the raw devices (without drbd) I get speeds from approx. 40MB/sec. Not very fast but acceptable for the application.
When I do tcpspray to test the network I get 80 till 100 MB/sec also okay.
With drbd I get with recent kernels only 3 (three) MB/sec
Just when the secondary side runs 2.6.5 its 10 times faster with drbd.
I am pretty helpless what more to test. Each subsystem alone works okay. Just not together and I see no reason why. So I am looking for a why how to track the problem down.

My test results gets even more confusing when I break the hardware raid5. When building a drbd device with each single disk the speed is fine. When putting linux software raid5 on top it goes unusable slow.

Regards
  Torsten