[DRBD-user] meta-disk required?

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 20:36:28 CEST 2006

Hi,

While reading the documentation for DRBD which I would
like to use, I found an inconsistency and since I
haven't used it yet, I do not know what is proper.

On the web page:

http://www.drbd.org/fileadmin/drbd/doc/0.7.0/en/drbd.conf.html

You have:  Example 1. A small drbd.conf file

   "resource drbd0 {
     protocol C;
     incon-degr-cmd "halt -f";

     on thost1 {
       device    /dev/nb1;
      disk      /dev/hda7;
      address   10.1.1.31:7789;
    }

    on thost2 {
      device    /dev/nb1;
       disk      /dev/hda7;
      address   10.1.1.32:7789;
    }
  }"

But, further below in the text it says:

  "on host-name

      Carries the necessary configuration parameters
for a DRBD device of the
      enclosing resource. host-name is mandatory and
must match the linux hostname
      (uname -n) of one of the nodes. Required
parameters in this section: device,
      disk, address, meta-disk. "

In the example there is no meta-disk parameter, is it
truly required?

Thanks for making this software available,

-Martin