[DRBD-user] Re: drbd config with a RH cluster at primary site and DR server at DR site

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Mar 28 14:06:08 CEST 2006

/ 2006-03-27 19:08:30 +0530
\ gvsmsk:

> As Iam not a member of this list and since Iam in a desparate hurry, I
> request all of you to respond to my personal email

sivakumar, you have to subscribe to be allowed to post.
so if you are in a hurry, and you want your posts be read at all,
you should subscribe.

> We plan to establish a high availability server cluster with DR. The
> setup consists of an Active/Passive cluster based on redhat linux with
> a shared storage at the primary site and a server at the DR site. To
> establish synchronous replication we plan to use DRBD. To eliminate
> network latencies and as recommended by DRBD site, we plan to connect
> each of the servers in the cluster to the DR server by means of cross
> cables. Each of the servers in the active/passive cluster contains two
> NICs each while the DR server contains three NIC each. One of the NICs
> on the cluster servers will be connected to our network switch while
> the other will be connected to one of the NICs on the DR server with
> cross cable. In this scenario, can you please clarify the following
> doubts.

> 1) Can DRBD be made to listen on two IP addresses at the DR server. So
> that incase there is a failover at the cluster, replication takes
> place from the failed over server to the DR server.

no.

> 2) If the above method does not work, what is the alternative?

network bonding in failover mode (if that is what you mean)
virtual ip address failover as done e.g. by the heartbeat IPaddr2
resource script, (if that is what you want to do)