[DRBD-user] Bug in drbdadm?

Luc de Louw luc at delouw.ch
Sun Mar 26 16:21:00 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I tried to setup yet another cluster with DRBD 0.7.17 and heartbeat.

I finaly found out that there is maybe a problem in the drbdadm program.

If I fire up drbdadm, see what happens:

inst1:~# drbdadm primary r0
Child process does not terminate!
Exiting.
inst1:~#

Exit code is 20

drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 primary works just fine. So I wonder what I made
wrong in my setup.

Kernel: 2.6.16
DRBD: 0.7.17

See the attached drbd.conf and the output of strace -f drbdadm primary r0

Thanks for any hints and have a nice sunday

rgds

Luc