[DRBD-user] newbie drbd/HA configuration question

Gary W. Smith gary at primeexalia.com
Sat Mar 25 22:52:31 CET 2006

It breaks down like this

node1
# Take over the primary drbd node
	drbddisk::web
# Mount that node
	Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/mnt/ha
# Assign on IP
	192.168.0.1
# Start httpd
	httpd

So, if you just want to take over the disk, assign an ip and start httpd
then logically you can just skip the Filesystem command that mounts the
drive.

Something to note, httpd in this case is /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd.  We
found it useful for creating custom actions.  Basically you can make a
custom script (say emailing us that a node has changed) as well as it
conforms to the init.d standard.  You might find this useful for your
HA/xen stuff.

BTW, there is much more information on this in the linux-ha list.

Hope this helps.

Gary Wayne Smith