[DRBD-user] newbie drbd/HA configuration question

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Sat Mar 25 22:34:00 CET 2006

I'm attempting to integrate heartbeat with drbd, and I'm a bit
confused as to how to adapt the getting started guides to make it
work for me.

My understanding is that if I make a heartbeat resource that looks
like this:

node1 drbddisk::web Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/mnt/ha 192.168.0.1 httpd

...then /mnt/ha will be mounted or unmounted as required, which is
cool if I actually wanted my drbd disk mounted. However, I'm planning
on using Xen, and that is not the case. All I want out of heartbeat
is to switch around whether a disk should be primary/secondary.
(Well, and also to kick off/kill a domU when needed, but that
configuration comes later.)

So.... do I need to rewrite the Filesystem heartbeat resource to
something that doesn't require a mountpoint argument? Or am I missing
something?