[DRBD-user] partition issues

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Thu Mar 16 04:08:19 CET 2006

I recently installed Xen on top of a DRBD block device. At first this
seemed to go great, but now my xen guest seems to be having a hard
time finding its partitions. I thought I'd try to mount the
partitions manually and see what's up, but low and behold, I cannot
mount them either.

Xen is supposed to be looking at /dev/drbd2, so if I use fdisk to
look at /dev/drbd2, I see:

Disk /dev/drbd2: 31.4 GB, 31474057216 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 3826 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

/dev/drbd2p1   *           1          13      104391   83  Linux
/dev/drbd2p2              14        3826    30627922+  8e  Linux LVM

So it *seems* like I should be able to mount /dev/drbd2p1 or /dev/
drbd2p2. Alas:

# mount /dev/drbd2p1 /mnt
mount: special device /dev/drbd2p1 does not exist

# mount /dev/drbd2p2 /mnt
mount: special device /dev/drbd2p2 does not exist

Why doesn't this work? Are there DRBD logs I can look at? /var/log/
messages isn't giving me anything.