[DRBD-user] Re: [DRBD-announce] drbd-0.7.17.tar.gz

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Mar 9 19:05:45 CET 2006

/ 2006-03-09 16:27:37 +0100
\ Bernd Schubert:
> Hello,
>
> On Wednesday 08 March 2006 15:22, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> > 0.7.17 (api:77/proto:74)
> > -----
> >  * There was a bug that could cause the activity log to be not applied
> >    after a primary crash, when an other size than 127 elements was
> > configured. * There was a bug in the activity log code, that could cause
> > that the latest update to the AL is omitted at recovery time.
> >  * The "Marked additional XXKB as out-of-synced based on AL." message
> >    showed one one eighth of the real amount, fixed.
> >
> > These are serious flaws in DRBD. Altough the probability to hit by
>
> is each version of drbd-0.7 effected or only the most recent ones?

all versions are affected.

> We are still at 0.7.11 and are now discussing the best update procedure.
> If the secondary is possibly out of sync, it probably is not the best idea to
> let it become primary, is it?

well.

to be possibly out of sync because of these bugs,
you have to have had a primary crash _and_ bad luck.
though the bad luck was not too unlikely, unfortunately.

so, if you feel like it, you can trigger a full sync.
("fell like it": you had at any time a primary crash;
  or you just want to be sure)
then upgrade normally, i.e.
 upgrade the now secondary [nodeA],
 reconnect, automatic incremental sync, failover,
 upgrade the former primary [nodeB],
 reconnect automatic incremental sync.