[Linux-HA] Re: [DRBD-user] drbd on startup

Nate Reed nreed at awarix.com
Wed Mar 1 16:39:18 CET 2006

I know about "drbdadm -- --do-what-I-say primary all"   We have a script that
runs on the very first startup and executes this command on our preferred
node, and "drbdadm secondary all" on the secondary node.

In order to run this command, drbd has to be started first.  That's why it's
checkconfig'd on.

But for some reason, drbd is not running after startup, so when heartbeat
drbddisk runs, it fails.

Maybe it has to do with the order in which these services are started?  Maybe
our drbdadm are being executed before DRBD.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Nate