[DRBD-user] secondary node is inconsistent

Andreas Schader andreas.schader at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 12:14:03 CEST 2006

On 6/24/06, Andreas J. Koenig <andreas.koenig.gmwojprw at franz.ak.mind.de> wrote:

>   > 0.7.18 on both nodes, both nodes are debian etch.
>   > primary: Linux nas1 2.6.16-1-686-smp #2 SMP
>   > secondary: Linux nas2 2.6.15-1-686 #2
>
>   > primary has a newer kernel because of a marvel yukon 2 nic that is not
>   > supported in older kernels.
>
> I'm pretty sure, this is your problem. The driver for this card in
> 2.6.16 is not good enough. I could not run drbd over this card either.

You are absolutly right, the marvel card doesn't work with drbd. I
didn't have time to try 2.6.17 yet but I just disabled the yukon nic
and am now running drbd over a second Intel e1000 GBit nic. And so far
no errors. Even after the tests I described in my other mail to Lars.

I am right now copying 20GB over the NFS server, disconnected the
network cable  while copying to simulate a failure, reconnected it
after 1min and secondary started to sync right away and primary never
stoped disk activity for a second.

Many thanks for this hint. I will try 2.6.17 when I have time and keep
you all updated if it improved the situation with the marvel nic.

best regards,
Andreas