[DRBD-user] secondary node is inconsistent

Andreas Schader andreas.schader at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 12:33:38 CEST 2006

On 6/23/06, Lars Ellenberg <Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:
> / 2006-06-23 14:53:53 +0200
> > >anything "hanging" on the primary / secondary?
> >
> > as soon as drbd goes into inconsistent state no access to /data1 is
> > possible. every file access hangs.
>
> is it still possible to drbdadm disconnect all?
> does a drbdadm connect all change anything after that?

When I do "drbdadm disconnect all" or "/etc/init.d/drbd stop" on the
secondary, the file access on the nfs share of primary is working
again.

then "cat /proc/drbd" on primary shows:
version: 0.7.18 (api:78/proto:74)
SVN Revision: 2176 build by root at nas1, 2006-06-22 22:04:56
 0: cs:WFConnection st:Primary/Unknown ld:Consistent

As soon as I do "drbdadm connect all" or "/etc/init.d/drbd start" on
the secondary the filesystem on primary becomes unusable again and
cat /proc/drbd on primary goes back to:
version: 0.7.18 (api:78/proto:74)
SVN Revision: 2176 build by root at nas1, 2006-06-22 22:04:56
 0: cs:WFBitMapS st:Primary/Secondary ld:Consistent
    ns:1052672 nr:0 dw:649152 dr:1174752 al:910 bm:1204 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0

and the
"drbd0: [drbd0_receiver/8480] sock_sendmsg time expired, ko = 4294967227"
messages show up again in syslog of secondary. A new one about every
one or two seconds or so.

I found out, that when I reboot both nodes with "shutdown -r now" at
the same time the syncing starts after both are up again and soon
after that secondary goes back to "Consistent" in /proc/drbd. But I
can't think that is working as intended that I have to reboot the
still working primary after a power or network failure of secondary.
There must be some way how I can get secondary to sync without
rebooting the primary.

best regards,
Andreas