[DRBD-user] drbd and lvm understanding question

Simon greminn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 03:46:20 CEST 2006

Hi There,

I understand if this topic has been covered before, but i just need to
ask to make sure that i have an understanding of the structure before
i move ahead. For arguments sake, I have two servers, both running
debian sarge with drbd 0.7 installed via apt-get then make, the
primary has the following disks:

/dev/hda1 (2GB Root Parition)
/dev/hda2 (512MB SWAP)
/dev/hda3 (20GB LVM)

Then the LVM has two 10GB logical volumes in it.

What i want to achieve is using drbd to mirror hda3's data to the
secondary server. The secondary server is failover only and will not
be mounted except in primary failure - and at this stage im not
worried about those issues - only the data.

Do i setup drbd to mirror the data within each logical volume OR the
logical volume itself?

Regards and Thanks,

Simon