[DRBD-user] input/output error in drbd after deleting files

lu.guanqing at connexim.ca lu.guanqing at connexim.ca
Thu Jun 8 15:16:49 CEST 2006

Hi,

   We have run drbd between two nodes with RHEL3.3 OS since last
November. Yesterday, we had input/output error: nobody, even not root,
could write into the filesystem. The problem was corrected by
shutdowning the drbd service and filesystem checking. When I did the
fsck, there were a lot of inode errors. I remember that we deleted a lot
of log files in the drbd filesystem two weeks ago.

   My question are:
1. Is deleting a lot of files the cause of input/output error in the
drbd filesystem?
2. is it a regular process to do an fsck after deleting a lot of files
in the drbd filesystem?

   Salutation

   Guanqing