[DRBD-user] drbd failing at boot time...

Phillip Ryker pryker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 04:48:24 CEST 2006

I am running heartbeat v  with drbd v 0.7.18.  It has been working well for
the past few weeks.  Today we had a power outage and I lost power to both
the disk shelves (coraid SATARaid) and the NFS servers.  When they came
online I noticed that neither one was serving NFS.  After some careful
inspection I found that it was because drbd failed at boot.  The funny thing
is that I could start it with /etc/init.d/drbd start without a problem.
Then I can run /etc/init.d/heartbeat and all is well.  I tested it by
rebooting the servers again only to find the same thing.  drbd would not
start at boot.  No error messages in the logs, nothing.  It does spit out an
error during the boot process but it scrolls by so fast I cannot see it.
There is nothing in logs.

I am running FC4 x86 with kernel 2.6.16-1.2111smp and I am using aoe6-29 to
access the etherd drives.  I did just upgrade my kernels and recopiled the
software for the new kernel.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil