[DRBD-user] DRBD SAMBA (again) and NFS

Philippe Rousselot usergroup at alcatorda.com
Thu Jun 1 10:16:16 CEST 2006

Hello

I want to make a samba HA system. The reason I do not use NFS  is the
presence of a few windows machines in the network.

I spent some time reading the archives and I have a few points to
clarify.

There are no problems having a NFS HA system using DRBD and heartbeat,
but samba not being state-less there maybe some error during the
mirroring.

This error can be overcome by retrying.

what do it mean ?

someone save a file and it is not mirrored ?

but it will be at some point ?

do I need to survey the system and do something when there is an error
or is there an automatic system that will solve the problem at some
point ?

is this error visible directly from the client under windows ?

is it possible to have a system sharing NFS and Samba properties ? I
have a folder and when I use a linux client I use samba ad when I use a
windows client I use samba. as I have a NFS share, the problem is
solved ?

sorry if these question seems trivial.

Thanks for you help

Philippe