[DRBD-user] Newbie probs with 0.8x on FC5

Diego Julian Remolina diego.remolina at ibb.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 19 13:58:35 CEST 2006

>>I did format /dev/sdb2 with ext3 on first machine.
>
> I format /dev/drbd0 with ext3, but im using internal metadata though.

Can you really have primary/primary with ext3 as the filesystem? I though there would be problems
since that is not a cluster file system. Does DRBD take care of the kernel issues and allows two
nodes to read/write as active/active using ext3? or maybe you just mount read/write in one node and
read only in the second node but they are both drbd primaries?

It was my understanding that you needed GFS or OCFS for such configuration. Am i wrong?

Diego