[DRBD-user] DRBD under network failure

Milind Dumbare milind at linsyssoft.com
Thu Jul 13 12:29:53 CEST 2006

Hi,
	Here is my scenario.

Node1:Panini 		Node2:Xenon

1. I made Panini primary,
2. mounted its /dev/drbd0, wrote some data on it.
3. Unmonted /dev/drbd0
4. Made Panini a secondary.

5. Made Xenon primary.
6. mounted its /dev/drbd0, read it... Data was replicated properly.
7. Now I pulled out (Secondary's(panini) network cable).
6. Xenon panicked saying broken pipe/connection lost.

I thought, whatever data written on primary (Xenon) should have been
synced to that of secondary (Panini) when its link(ethernet) came back.
Am I doing mistake somewhere?
What is concept behind syncing after failure?
Is it device failure?
Doesn't DRBD handle network failures?

-Milind