[DRBD-user] DRBD + GFS

Diego Julian Remolina diego.remolina at ibb.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 20 20:15:33 CET 2006

Leonardo,

All those posts mention drbd-0.8 which is under development and has not been released. 0.8 will
support active/active configurations (of course you will need a filesystem that supports
active/active as well, so GFS is a perfect candidate).

The latest stable version of drbd up to date is 0.7.15 which does *not* support active/active, you
can not even mount the drbd partition read only on the secondary (yes I know there are workarounds,
but they should not be used as 0.7.X was not designed to do that).

If you like to live on the bleeding edge, you may dare to use 0.8 from cvs in production, however as
it is not a release version you cannot expect any support for it until it is released.

Maybe if you get a support contract with Linbit, they will be able to help you get it working and
provide support for it, however that is something I do not know if they are willing to do, so you
need to ask them directly.

I have often seen posts on this list where Lars says:  "Do *NOT* even ask when 0.8 is going to be
released", so better do not ask either, just wait until it is announced". Now you cannot say I did
not warn you... :P

Diego