[DRBD-user] both nodes in Secondary/Secondary state

Tom Brown brown at esteem.com
Mon Jan 16 20:57:54 CET 2006

On Monday 16 January 2006 11:18, Chip Burke wrote:
> When the array first came up, did you run

> Drbdsetup /dev/drbdx primary --do-what-I-say

> This sets up the initial primary and causes an initial sync of the array. Be
> careful as this can eat your data if you do it the wrong way.

I ran drbdsetup on mail01 and it came up primary and the sync started. When it
finished it looked like this:
version: 0.7.15 (api:77/proto:74)
SVN Revision: 2020 build by tbrown at mail01.esteem2.com, 2006-01-13 15:07:08
 0: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ld:Consistent
    ns:14214848 nr:0 dw:0 dr:14214848 al:0 bm:868 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0

Then I setup a filesystem on /dev/drbd0 and was able to mount it. Then I stop
drbd on both nodes and started drbd up again on both nodes. This time it
looked like this:
version: 0.7.15 (api:77/proto:74)
SVN Revision: 2020 build by tbrown at mail01.esteem2.com, 2006-01-13 15:07:08
 0: cs:Connected st:Secondary/Secondary ld:Consistent
    ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0

The noeds are still coming up in the Secondary/Secondary state. This time they
are synched so they are consistent. When I run drbdsetup to force one to
primary it still works. Why doesn't one node come up as primary when I run
'/etc/init.d/drbd start' on both nodes? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Tom